Cutting It Close is dedicated to providing a harassment-free event experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of event participants in any form. Event participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the event without a refund at the discretion of the event organisers.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following.
- Harassing photography or recording.
- Inappropriate physical contact.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behaviour are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in harassing behaviour, event organisers retain the right to take any actions to keep the event a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender or expulsion from the event with no refund.
Event organisers may take action to redress anything designed to, or with the clear impact of, disrupting the event or making the environment hostile for any participants.
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible. Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of our event for everyone. We want you to be happy at our event. People like you make our event a better place.
You can make a report either personally or anonymously.
We can’t follow up an anonymous report with you directly, but we will fully investigate it and take whatever action is necessary to prevent a recurrence.
You can make a personal report by:
- Calling or messaging this phone number: 027 326 7676. This phone number will be continuously monitored for the duration of the event.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
When taking a personal report, we will ensure you are safe and cannot be overheard. They may involve other event volunteers or the event organisers to ensure your report is managed properly. Once safe, we’ll ask you to tell us about what happened. This can be upsetting, but we’ll handle it as respectfully as possible, and you can bring someone to support you. You won’t be asked to confront anyone and we won’t tell anyone who you are.
Our team will be happy to help you contact the police, local support services, provide escorts, or otherwise assist you to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance.
- Organiser Email: email@example.com
- Organiser Phone Number: 027 326 7676
- Police (Emergency): 111
- Police (Non-Emergency): 03 363 7400
- 24hr Sexual Assualt Support Line: 03 377 5402
- Emergency Medical: 111
- Non-Emergency Medical (Pegasus Health 24 Hour Clinic): 03 365 7777
- Healthline (Medical Support Line): 0800 611 116
- Lifeline (Mental Health Support Line): 0800 543 354
- Blue Star Taxis (“Woman Alone” service available): 03 3799 799
This code of conduct was used with permission from the CHCon website.